IGSOSANA Essay Writing Competition
2022 RULES OF THE ESSAY COMPETITION FOR IGS SENIOR STUDENTS
IGSOSANA Liberal Arts Academy is organizing this Essay writing competition to promote critical thinking, communication, creative problem solving, self-expression, innovative research, and lifelong learning for IGS students.
Complete and submit an application to participate online at https://ibadangrammarschool.org/essays. Interested candidates can apply for the competition until February 28th, 2022. Selected candidates will be notified.
Only all SS1 to SS3 students attending Ibadan Grammar School, Molete, Ibadan can take part.
How to Write A Good Essay
Rules for the Contest
The judges will check every essay’s content grammar, rhetoric, and writing skills.
- Introduction to the topic (10%)
- Clear elaboration on the topic (15%)
- Clarity/Robustness of the argumentation (15%)
- Writing style including language & grammar (30%) – main points, sub-points, elaboration on subpoints
- Concise and clear conclusion (10%)
- Inclusion of a small episode, personal experience, or example (10%)
- Originality (10%)
- Bonus Points – Presentation of Essay (10%)
Furthermore, the candidates should take their time and edit their completed papers before sending them. A small error or a tiny typo can keep them far from getting a prize.
How to write The Introduction
What is Plagirism?
Submission of an entry essay and/or participation in the organization of the completion/jury assume the acceptance of all the conditions of the competition
- No appeal on the results of the competition will be accepted. The jury’s decisions will be final
- IGSOSANA and IGS will keep all essays submitted
- IGSOSANA will retain the copyright of the winning essays and may publish them
- IGSOSANA can amend the timeline of the essay submissions and selection process
- IGSOSANA cannot be held responsible should the competition have to be modified or cancelled
Awards Per Class-set
The winners (first, second and third place) will be awarded at a special ceremony to be held in the school in June 2022. Their essays will be published by IGSOSANA in a booklet and/or online communication platforms.
Three authors per class-set from the winning essays will get cash prizes. To qualify for cash prizes, a candidate must score 60 and above.
- 1st place – N25,000 (The candidate must have a total score of 80 and above)
- 2nd place – N10,000 (The candidate must have a total score of 70 and above)
- 3rd place – N5,000 (The candidate must have a total score of 60 and above)
10 Consolation Prizes/Class-Set (N2,500)
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
How to use Microsoft Word
Submit Your Essay
The candidates should either send their finished essay to [email protected] with Essay Writing Contest 2021 in the email’s subject or submit by clicking the button. Deadline for submission is March 31st, 2022: